Continuing Professional Development
In an effort to maintain our standards of yoga teaching, and to encourage your continuing professional development (CPD), we would like you to accrue fifteen points of CPD per calendar year. To meet this requirement you could:
1. Attend yoga workshops or retreats (e.g. 3 x 5 hour workshops = 15 points);
2. Accrue tutor contact time ( e.g. 10 hours of tutor contact time at yoga classes = 5 points. 5 points is the maximum contribution that tutor contact time can make to your annual CPD);
3. Carry out some relevant private study (7.5 hours of private study = 5 points. 5 points is the maximum contribution that private study can make to your annual CPD);
4. Attend practice/discussion groups with other yoga teachers (e.g. 2 x 2.5 hours of group practice/discussion = 5 points. 5 points is the maximum contribution that group practice/discussion can make to your annual CPD);
5. Co-teach workshops with another yoga teacher (5 hours of co-teaching = 5 points. 5 points is the maximum contribution that co-teaching can make to your annual CPD).
With respect to categories four and five, we feel that co-teaching and discussion can encourage a clarification of ideas and approach from which both teachers and students benefit.
We suggest you record your attendance at classes and workshops, co-teaching of workshops, any relevant private study that you complete and discussion and practice groups that you attend.
Where relevant please keep receipts with your records.
To help you record your CPD the following forms are available to download here:
A Pdf version of each document is also available in the Downloads section.
AIYP membership renewals take place in April of each year. In March of each year a few AIYP members will be randomly selected and asked to show their CPD records to the AIYP. Future membership of the AIYP (and your insurance cover, if relevant) is dependent upon your meeting the current annual CPD requirements.